Here they are. Click as your heart desires or just get the gist of it from the name:
- Olive Green Knit Skirt (Loft)
- Olive Green 5” Shorts (Old Navy): I found these on clearance for a few dollars about five years ago and still like them!
- Stripped Ponte Pencil Skirt (Loft): This was the only new purchase (I got it on sale for less than $30) for the pants/skirts/shorts part of my capsule.
- Red Circle Skirt (H&M): Read Hilary’s advice if you’re skeptical of wearing red.
- Black Scuba Skirt (Topshop)
- White/Light Blue Wonder Dot Skinny Jeans (Loft)
- High-Waisted Skinny Jeans (Banana Republic)
- Mint Green Skinny Ankle Jeans (Loft): My favorite pants ever. There was nothing remotely similar online, so I linked a pair from Ebay. 🙂
Am I nuts for including three pairs of skinny jeans in my summer wardrobe? Perhaps so.
Because, let’s be honest, no one wants to see a girl suffer through the summer months with sweaty legs. We’ll see how this summer skinny jeans experiment goes.
But there is a tiny bit of logic to my madness:
- I am not a shorts lover. At all. They usually feel awkwardly too long or too short.
- I have a lot of flowy tops, which I much prefer to wear with skinny jeans than shorts.
- Apart from getting them tailored, I have a very hard time finding shorts that fit. Do any of you have this struggle? I have finally discovered what stores carry pants that fit me well (without any altering), but when I try on shorts from the same stores in my usual size, they never fit.
I also included a lot of skirts in my summer capsule. This is mainly because I can wear skirts to work on hot days, whereas I can’t wear shorts to work. They are pretty capsule-friendly, too. I can dress up a skirt with heels and a fancier top or I can pair it with a casual t-shirt and ballet flats for everyday wear. My style tends to be fairly feminine, so that may also explain all the skirts.
And lest you think I am only wearing these eight articles of clothes (my husband was afraid you might read this post rather incompletely), I assure you I have shirts, a cardigan, and a few dresses I’ll be wearing this summer as well. One post at a time, folks.
Have any of you started planning your summer capsule? Feel free to chime in with your ideas!